If your are experiencing issues with your RS Plus, or have been told that your pod needs calibration, please follow these steps in the app:
Once this is complete, you can use your pod as your would normally, no reboot or reset is required.
Step 1 – Please ensure they were on the (RS+) charger [V2 charger won’t work] – and LEDs were cycling. This wakes them up from the post-manufacturing ‘OFF’ state that we put them in, which renders them undiscoverable.
Step 2 – Make sure that you’re on the correct version of the App (2.4.0 for iOS, 1.4.2 for Android).
Step 3 – Try resetting the PODs manually. Hold down the little button on the bottom of the pod for at least 8sec, then releasing.
Step 4 – Quit the RS App, then reboot your phone. Brutal, but this completely resets the Bluetooth cache.
Step 5 – For users that might have had multiple (prior) versions of the RS App, last thing to try is removing the App completely, then reinstalling from Google Play or App Store, and then trying again. This cleans out any old RunScribe DB entries which could conceivable have become corrupt.
If you’re still having issues, please go to App -> Settings then Create Support Ticket and let us know what’s happening at the top of the Support Ticket email [e.g. Cannot find pods, Failing FW update, etc]
We’re also taking a different approach with power, being as transparent as possible about how we get to power.
- RunScribe data upload at the end of your run via the RunScribe App to our Web Dashboard
- We’ll now be supporting both the Power and Running Speed/Cadence profiles, enabling operation with numerous watches with BT Smart support (Suunto)
- We will also be releasing an API for our custom RealTime BT Smart profile, enabling App Developers to incorporate real-time RunScribe metrics into their Apps.
- Connect IQ – providing RunScribe Metrics via Connect IQ datafields. Look for RunScribe Plus or RunScribe Light depending on your watch model.
[The Beta version is for targeted testing with our Connect IQ Beta Group, visit community.runscribex.wpengine.com to learn more]
- Press the Start button (top right) then you’ll need to select Run (Up/Down) buttons.
- Hold the Lap button for >3sec – it will display a Menu. Select Run Settings.
- Next Select Data Screens.
- Now scroll up (use Up button) to the ( + / Add New ) screen. Push Start button.
- Select Custom Data / push Start button.
- Field1 (000) / push Start button.
- Then it will say Connect IQ Fields / push Start button.
- It will now show you RunScribe Light / scroll to this and push Start button.
Select your RunScribe from the main navigation.
Within RunScribe device settings, you can:
- Update your RunScribe firmware
- Rename your RunScribe
- Change the Mount Location (Heel or Laces)
- Change which Foot (Right or Left)
- Clear RunScribe (remove runs from the RunScribe memory)
Make sure your RunScribe is updated with the latest firmware, and the Mount and Foot configurations are accurate BEFORE running.
Sometimes that includes a short stop at a stoplight, a pause between intervals, or a run/walk session. On 03/29/2016 we updated the run detail view to account for these scenarios: all runs are broken into elapsed time – with a subset of running time, walking time and stationary time.
Timeout is set to 250 seconds.
If there are any issues with this process, we offer the ability to clear RunScribe via the Device Profile. It isn’t necessary to do this unless there is a technical issue that our support team is helping you address.
RunScribe has configurable LED colors – each RunScribe footpod has a different color, to help users easily distinguish right vs left. You can confirm right vs left a couple of ways:
- Shake RunScribe: When motion is detected, the LEDs will turn on and pulse in the configured color.
- Connect RunScribe pods to the RunScribe app: View the device profile. Once the device profile is viewed, the LEDs will illuminate.
- The RunScribe app automatically includes the device color and foot configuration in the device name. Check the RunScribe app to confirm color and location.
- Motion Detected: Slow Continuous Blink
- Recording: Slow Circular Motion
- Sync: Quick Blink
- DFU Mode: Solid Blue
- Reboot: Single Short Blue Pulse
- Device Found: Solid Green
- Low Battery: Repeating Red Double Pulse
- Clearing Flash: Quick Red/Blue Blink
- V2 Charging: Red LED on Charger
- V2 Charging Complete: Green LED on Charger
- V3 (RunScribe Plus): Blue LED on Charger indicates Charger has Power and Pod is properly inserted.
- V3: LEDs on Pod will cycle (bright/dim) while Charging, then go off when Charging is Complete.
When the RunScribe app connects with RunScribe footpod, it checks the health of the motion sensor. If the sensor needs to be recalibrated, the app will pop up a notification and direct you through the calibration process to reset the sensor. This process takes approximately 1 minute. If the reset fails, please contact Customer Support.